• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FactCheck.org Evaluates new DTV Ad

Started by Tom Snyder, Monday Nov 14, 2005, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

FactCheck is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. Usually they evaluate claims of political ads and are very objective.

Telecom companies that are pushing for a forced conversion to all-digital television broadcasts ran ads in Washington DC and elsewhere highlighting benefits for firemen, police officers, and other "first responders," who stand to receive improved communications capabilities and gear.  FactCheck looked at the ad and evaluated its veracity.

http://www.factcheck.org/article357.html

Curious about what everyone's thoughts are....
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Doug Mohr

I feel the ad checking was fair, but I would have liked to see the stat on how many of those 21 Million Analog TVs have been recently purchased. If the requirement for digital tuners would have been done properly, that number would be lower. How much lower is what I'd like to know.

Either way, compainies that have lobby money will lobby. I think the question is when do we take the expensive plunge into killing analog?

Doug