• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Weather Bozos at the Wiz pissing away sweeps ratings at our expense

Started by Joseph S, Tuesday Nov 08, 2005, 10:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBK

Quote from: Mark StrubeHow about all the channels stopped competing with their jank weather reporting and combine it all into one ultra mega super local weather channel (in STEREO!!), that actually gets things right a few times a week. Then there's no need to suck bandwidth away from every single HD station in the market.

Yeah, right... like that's ever gonna happen.

well if we're making a whole channel why not DD 5.1 got have that great tornado sound too.  :wave:

Joseph S

Pompous blowhard at the Wiz just interrupted an 8 point game against the #2 team in the nation!!!!!

Mark Strube

I have a feeling posts like that are representative of the agressive attitude Gilbert was referring to... and honestly, calling him a pompous blowhard, while it probably makes you feel better about it, isn't solving anything.

Joseph S

He came on with 6 minutes left in the game and Texas A&M had received the ball back down 8 points. By the time he was done it was 3rd and 33 and they were going to commercials. He provided no information and believed his non-information to be of more importance than the network programing. He couldn't wait until commercials to tell us nothing new? I think the terms fit.

Joseph S

They're back at it. We don't even have a snow warning until "6AM-9PM" and they're already pushing it down our throats on Leno rerun at 2AM.  :bang:

GBK

Quote from: Joseph SThey're back at it. We don't even have a snow warning until "6AM-9PM" and they're already pushing it down our throats on Leno rerun at 2AM.  :bang:
As long as they keep it at 2am it's fine with me,  it doesn't interfere with any of my primetime recording.   Joseph you are way too picky.  :)

Joseph S

QuoteJoseph you are way too picky.
Yeah, but putting that up when it was real nice outside and no official warning in place is absurd. At least wait for a snowflake. New episodes of Alias and  Criminal minds on tonight. Hoping for no repeats.

GBK

Quote from: Joseph SHoping for no repeats.
I agree we all pretty much know it's snowing.

dj1111

So this afternoon I was sitting in my office at around 4:30 when I got to sit through 15 plus minutes of local cancellations on the AM radio.  You'd think the world was coming to an end.  Or at least 10 inches of snow was on the roads and the plows couldn't keep up anymore.  I got in my car at around 5:10 and started driving the 5 miles or so home.  None of the roads I drove on had more than an inch or two of slushy snow on then.  Driving was a breeze.  This over reacting is getting worse every year. :bang:

GBK

yeah you'd think it was the blizzard of the century the way they closed everything.  Typical over reaction... that's why no one pays attention to it anymore they have to stop crying wolf all the time.

Doug Mohr

So, I haven't watched the shows from last night. Were there any interruptions for weather information?

Just trying to decide how much to drink before I start watching them  :blush:

GBK

nothing during the shows I watched.  Criminal Minds and Alias.