• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD cable in Sheboygan???

Started by dj1111, Thursday Oct 06, 2005, 08:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj1111

I just heard some interesting conversations on a local Sheboygan radio station this afternoon.  Seems our Cable Company promised they would have HD by September of this year and that's the reason the particular person purchased it.  Now it's October and he inquired as to where the HDTV is.  The person on the other end of the line said she knows of no plans to upgrade to HD in 2005.  The guy was irate and is now planning his move to satellite.  Has anyone else had the same experience? :bang:

No I don't have cable, probably never will.  I do remember myself seeing a flyer or an add making the same claim to HD cable this fall.

tywest

I posted a message a while back about this. One morning a few months ago i answered the phone. It was a recorded message from Charter. It said HDTV was comming and to watch the mail for flyers. Well like you said, I have yet to see any flyers.... I have never had good luck with charter. They rip me off with $50.00 a month internet.  :mad:

bradsmainsite

Well  for what its worth from what I heard  they are still having trouble paying off the digital up grade they just did and I suspect they just plain old do not have the money right now thats why its not scheduled yet. :confused:

jsmith

I actually got a call from a salesperson at Charter trying to sell me HD service in Sheboygan. I told her I wasn't aware that it was available yet in Sheboygan, she assured me that it was, in fact she had it at her house and apparently she lived less than a mile from my house. I told her I would think about it, since I was pretty happy with Dish. So I went to the local charter office to see if they had an HD setup in their office (I wanted to see the receiver and the quality). The woman at the desk said "no, we don't have HD in Sheboygan yet?" I said "Someone attempted to sell it to me over the phone just yesterday." She wasn't at all surprised. She told me that she didn't think it would happen before the end of the year (2005). I don't think anyone at Charter knows when anything is scheduled.

russellj

I also had Charter Cable installed when I moved to Sheboygan in Aug. because they told me that HD would be available sometime in the last quarter of 2005. After having cable installed I found out that their signal was so weak that I could only run 1 TV and a cable modem. If I tried to hook up more than one TV I couldn't get on the internet. I droped the TV portion of my cable service and just kept their internet service. When a tec. came to my house to install a blocker for the TV service he told me that HD service in Sheboygan wouldn't be untill the 1st. quarter of 2006 at the earliest. I now have Dish network with a HD dual tuner DVR and a SD dual tuner DVR and have their HD package. I also found out that my "Terk TV5" indoor antenna would pick up ABC, CBS and Fox digital stations from Green Bay and NBC from Milwaukee. With a slight movement of the antenna I can also get Fox from Milwaukee. This staisfies all my HD needs and I don't have to wait for Charter cable to get their act together and I didn't have to install an outdoor antenna on my roof as I was told I would have to have to recieve HD in Sheboygan.