• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Desktop Weather 4

Started by PatM, Monday Oct 24, 2005, 10:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatM

I have been having a problem with my computer totally freezing up at random times.
Yesterday I downloaded and tried to install a Ham Radio radio control program.
The computer froze up again. Ctrl Alt Del would not unfreeze the computer, but required that I actually "pull the power plug" out of the computer.
Remembering that my problems started about the time I installed the desktop weather program, I uninstalled the program and restarted the computer.
I'm glad to say that all of my problems went away.

In case you are having this kind of a problem, keep this in mind as a possible cause.
There may be some other program on my computer that was reacting with the weather program to cause the freeze up, but uninstalling the Wx program solved the problem here.

Gregg Lengling

I removed Channel 4's desktop weather a couple years ago....it was almost as malicious as WeatherBug.....
 :guns:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: Gregg Lenglingit was almost as malicious as WeatherBug.....
 :guns:

I have been using WeatherBug for quite some time, and I haven't had any problems.  At least that I'm aware of.  It just sits down there by the clock and tells me what temperature it is outside.

Steve Mann

There is absolutely no better weather program than Weather Pulse (that I'm aware of anyway). No ads, great design and tons of features/options.
http://www.tropicdesigns.net/
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Joseph S

This is better in that it's free and doesn't require virii enhanced OS ;)

http://heat-meteo.sourceforge.net/

Steve Mann

Quote from: Joseph SThis is better in that it's free ...

Weather Pulse is free also.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album