• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Holiday Viruses

Started by mhz40, Thursday Dec 01, 2005, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhz40

What's with the explosion of virus attached e-mails again?  It seems to me that maybe the PC or anti-virus companies have some scam going to screw up novice users PC's for the holidays to push the upgrades...  Every stinking holiday season there is a flood of garbage that gets released!

Just my conspiratorious (i think i coined a new word there) thoughts...

Talos4

Our network admin just hates this time of year.

At work we're getting hammered now for the last week or so.

Joel S

It's happening where I work as well.  People's inbox went from a couple here and there to 10 or so perday in the last week.  For whatever reason, I don't get them (yet).

Tom Snyder

I have a Yahoo account and two days ago, I had 685 emails in my bulk mail folder, all of them with the latest virus.

It's not a conspiracy... it's like the once-a-week old drivers out on Sunday to go to church. But this is the once a year holiday online shopping people... not internet savvy enough to know not to EVER open an email that looks like a virus.  

Hard to believe there are still that many people out there who are still so far behind the curve... but here's an example. Someone went to one of our client Web sites to register for a contest. To complete the process, they needed to confirm the sign up from an email that got sent to them.  Apparently that's too hard for some folks, attested to by the following:

Don't know how to click on whatever or "paste to my browser".  What about
keeping things simple for folks like myself who are not computer experts?
Guess  I'll have to pass on getting into your contest, since I can't do
the above  mentioned.

Guess you gotta be a computer "expert" to click on a link, eh?  :rofl:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org