News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Changing User CP settings

Started by kjnorman, Monday Sep 26, 2005, 12:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjnorman

Tom,

How do I change the wording next to my avitar?  I can't seem to find the location under the user CP.  Can you guide me please.

Thanks
Kerry

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: kjnormanTom,

How do I change the wording next to my avitar?  I can't seem to find the location under the user CP.  Can you guide me please.

Thanks
Kerry

Go into USER CP then go to edit User Profile, there you will find a custom user title...I think that's what you are trying to change.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

kjnorman

Quote from: Gregg LenglingGo into USER CP then go to edit User Profile, there you will find a custom user title...I think that's what you are trying to change.

Sorry Greg, I see no custom user title or anything like that under Edit Profile.  I seems to me that this setting ought to exist.  Can you check to make sure it is not hidden to non admins?

Kerry

Tom Snyder

I made a change... is it working now?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

kjnorman

Gregg Lengling

I've seen this happen before and I can't remember how to reset it....let me give it a try....otherwise what would you like it to say, as I can change it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Jimboy

My settings don't have this option as well. It seems it was lost after the last forum change.

Gregg Lengling

After looking thru the settings it appears that this is no longer a User Adjustable field, but requires Admin level authorization.  Kerry what do you want yours to say, now that I've made it different.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

kjnorman

What do I want to say?

Oh, I don't know.  I just didn't want "31 years to retirement" anymore as that is not accurate and it sounds fairly daft on a technology forum :D

How about "Now seeing clearly..."  Does that make sense?

No, no scrub that.  Got it!  Put in "In the 21st century again!"

Thanks
Kerry.