• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo HD250 HDMI problem

Started by Scott, Saturday Sep 10, 2005, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Hi guys...you may have touched in this in another thread, but I got an HD250 installed yesterday per the $299 deal that started last month.

BUT, the HDMI cable is causing me real problems with the unit.  I have it on a JVC 26 inch LCD, and when I turn the TV off, the Tivo unit locks up.  When I turn the TV back on, all I get is a flashing green screen.   I need to unplug the Tivo unit and re-boot to get it to work.

I went the the TIVO forums, and apparently this is a huge problem for many users.  I called Direct TV today, and they told me the HD250 has unsolvable HDMI cable issues and that I need to just use component cables......

So I tried the component cables, and the video works fine....but I get no sound...I have tried a couple good RCA audio cables in the proper audio input and outputs, but to no avail.  

Have any of you had this problem?  Any ideas where to go here?  I asked DirectTV for a new box today, but they said they wouldn't do it....they said the HDMI problem with the HD250 unit is "unresolvable" and that I have to use component....of course that doesn't solve my audio problem.

Bebop

The HDMI works fine with my Panasonic. Did changing the resolution help?

The funny thing about all this is: DirecTV will send you a new unit if your audio outs don't work. Just don't tell them it's the HDMI. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Scott

I got my audio figured out.....the unit appears to work great with component.

When you note changing the resolution, what do you recommend?  I have it at 1080i right now.....

murdoc

I have mine set to the native resolution of my TV this being 720p.

Bebop

My set is 720P, but 1080i looked the best.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun