• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Lg 30fz4d

Started by kevbeck122, Saturday Sep 03, 2005, 09:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

http://us.lge.com/Product/proddetail.do?actCategory=tv&archivedYn=&actType=search&categoryId=1000000089&prodId=1000000496&parentId=0000000001&parent2levelId=0000000001&category_level=3archivedYn=&totalItem=1¤tPage=1&perPage=10
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7015829&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat31800050030&id=1099393182544

Anyone have any experience with it?.  It's the first LG CRT I've ever seen, so I don't know how good it is.  I would think it would be decent.. since I've never had any problems with their LCD panels (Dell and Apple displays).  The picture looked decent on Best Buy's HD feed (I think it was InHD on TWC).. but I just was wondering if there are any problems that may pop up later on in the TV's life?  My Sanyo is having tilting problems now, and there are so many problems associated with it, I don't want to get a replacement from them.

Snard

I notice that LGE's site says it can receive clear QAM (i.e. unscrambled digital cable) signals, which should include the Time Warner locals. But the Best Buy page says you would need a set top box to receive high definition cable or satellite programming (probably just playing it safe).

In any event, that looks like a decent set. Does Best Buy still have their "no hassle" return policy?
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

kevbeck122

I have a QAM tuner on my set, but I don't use it.. so I could care less about the feature.  Right now I'm close enough to the local towers that I can get mostly everything OTA with old rabbit ears.  Plus I have TWC currently, so the QAM tuner is useless anyways.

I'd assume they have a no hassle return policy.. most places do.

kevbeck122

Well I went to Best Buy in the Falls tonight and compared the picture with all of the other 30/34" CRT HDTVs and it had the clearest picture from their feed.  The only thing was that there was a green spot in the picture, so I don't know if there was some sort of magnet nearby or what.  I guess I'll go for this if Sanyo gives me a check.

MoreTorque99

The TV does indeed have a QAM tuner.  

The green spot on the TV is most likely caused by the "Big Joe" lifts to get product down from the tops of the shelves.