• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FREE movie theatre seats

Started by uplinkguy, Sunday Jul 17, 2005, 01:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplinkguy

I took a road trip on the 16th of July to Skokie, IL to rip out some 1920 vintage theatre seats from a movie theatre that is getting refurbished.

The seats need to be re-upholstered unless you don't mind some wear-and-tear ranging from mild to drastic.  The metal seatbacks and bottoms should be spruced up as well.

The cut off was Saturday, but the guy in charge admitted that the inside of the theatre won't get started for another month.

check out:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/zip/83569664.html

e-mail Dave if you want to try to meet him at the theatre.  He really doesn't want to toss them in the dumpster.  I tried to make an offer on the lobby equipment including the popcorn-popper, but he wasn't allowed to part with them yet.

All you need is 7/16", 5/8", and 11/16" size wrenches.

Ralph Kramden

Uplinkguy, I just wanted to thank you for posting the message about the seats. I picked up 6 of them and repainted/reupholstered them and they came out great. I now have 2 rows of 3 seats in my basement theater room with my projector. I just finished mounting them a couple days ago.

uplinkguy

Well, you know the saying, "One man's garbage....."

Did you  re-upholster them yourself?  I haven't had time to work on them yet.  Did the foam in the seats need help or were you able to reuse it?

Steve Mann

Quote from: Ralph Kramden[...] I now have 2 rows of 3 seats in my basement theater room with my projector. I just finished mounting them a couple days ago.

How 'bout some pics?
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Ralph Kramden

My wife and I re-upholstered them. The foam was totally worthless and needed to be replaced. It literally disintegrated when I took the fabric off. We went with 3" foam from Joann Fabrics on the seat cushions, and 1" foam for the seat backs. They are now 10 times more comfortable than they were. I don't know how to post a picture, but my wife or son probably does. I'll check into that.