• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 to boost signal??

Started by daveheaster, Monday Aug 22, 2005, 08:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveheaster

I sent an e-mail to Katrina Cravy - complaining about the week HD signal from her station.  To my surprise, she sent it to their tech dude and he replied that day:

In short they said that they would be upgrading their transmitter to full strength in about two weeks - in time for the Pack!  Not sure whether to believe them or not...so I found a Terk antenna that can pull in the existing week signal from out in Sussex:

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=terhdtvs

$99 with no tax in WI and free shipping.  Same antenna is $149 at BB and CC.  It works great.  I actually get Fox6 - I'm still amazed!!

Now we just need Fox to send WITI an HD feed, and we may be livin' lavita HD!!

Dave - Sussex
LG LST-3510A
Acer PD525
Terk HD

AndrewP

Much better ChannelMaster 4228 is just $40 at Marmax, 68&Rawson. :D

daveheaster

I hear you - it's prolly much better...but my neighborhood is funny about big antennas.  However - they seem to be OK with dishes - and this Terk sorta fits that "dish" look...

I was just suprised it worked...bring on the HD feeds - it's football season - yeah!!

Go Pack!

jkane

Quote from: daveheasterI sent an e-mail to Katrina Cravy - complaining about the week HD signal from her station.  

:rofl:

Wish I had thought of that.

daveheaster

I thought I was cool with my news of a few weeks...but it seems that other folks have better sources...I too read the news about the signal boost coming today...Since I've been reading in past posts from 2003 about an upcoming signal boost from Fox6, I decided to get a better antenna - take things into my own hands...stick it to the man... :-)