• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Call For Help returns to G4!

Started by Mark Strube, Sunday Aug 21, 2005, 10:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Strube

The rumors have been floating around, and there's no "official" press release yet, but a moderator in the horrible G4 forums broke the news, and Leo Laporte announced it on his KFI LA radio show. Also, DirecTV users say it's showing up on their guides starting the morning of Aug. 29th.

On Aug. 29th at 10am CST on G4 they'll start airing episodes from 4 months ago. (The show has been airing in Canada on G4techTV all this time... the techTV is still in the name due to different ownership there... the same reason why Call For Help is still on the air up there.) By about February we'll be caught up with Canada's episodes and we'll be seeing new shows the same time they're aired in Canada.

I hate G4... but at least they're bringing CFH back... and I still watch X-Play. Hopefully despite the crappy time slot they gave it, it'll get decent ratings and they'll realize what a mistake they've made trying to eliminate all the tech (and brains and creativity) from G4.

It should start showing up in TWC's guides this Tuesday since we can only go 5 days ahead. I know I'll be setting a series recording!! :D

kwinrich

Quote from: Mark StrubeThe rumors have been floating around, and there's no "official" press release yet, but a moderator in the horrible G4 forums broke the news, and Leo Laporte announced it on his KFI LA radio show. Also, DirecTV users say it's showing up on their guides starting the morning of Aug. 29th.

On Aug. 29th at 10am CST on G4 they'll start airing episodes from 4 months ago. (The show has been airing in Canada on G4techTV all this time... the techTV is still in the name due to different ownership there... the same reason why Call For Help is still on the air up there.) By about February we'll be caught up with Canada's episodes and we'll be seeing new shows the same time they're aired in Canada.

I hate G4... but at least they're bringing CFH back... and I still watch X-Play. Hopefully despite the crappy time slot they gave it, it'll get decent ratings and they'll realize what a mistake they've made trying to eliminate all the tech (and brains and creativity) from G4.

It should start showing up in TWC's guides this Tuesday since we can only go 5 days ahead. I know I'll be setting a series recording!! :D

TechTV used to be so good!  G4 is a waste of space.  Good thing CFH is coming back.  What were the g4 people thinking????

Bebop

If anyone missed those guys, there are always their podcasts.

http://thisweekintech.com/

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

sp44again

I'd rather have TSS come back. Call for help is for people that need help.

picopir8

I would like to see silocon spin and fresh gear.  But I think those went away sometime around the change from zdtv and techtv so I think they are long dead.

kevbeck122

Silicon Spin was still on for awhile after the change from zdtv to techtv, because I remember watching it when TWC finally upgraded the Falls to digital.  I wish most/all of the old shows were still around..  I started watching it on and off back in 98, and it just went downhill with all of the sales... especially with the sale to G4 (who basically killed every good thing about the channel).

Mark Strube

Quote from: sp44againI'd rather have TSS come back. Call for help is for people that need help.

From Leo's This Week In Tech blog:

QuoteG4 has purchased the show for air in the US. I will continue to fly to Toronto to produce it, and we're not changing a thing. In fact, as those of you who have been watching it know, it's really more like the Screen Savers of old than Call for Help used to be, especially now that Kevin Rose has agreed to appear on the show twice a week. We'll get Patrick up to Toronto, too, I promise.

In other words... give it a chance! :)

Shrek

It would be nice to get back to some of the good shows since I have all but tuned this station off becase it usually has crap on it now.

hdtvtechno

i liked watching Silicon Spin

bring back TECHTV or ZDTV please.

Mark Strube

Quote from: hdtvtechnobring back TECHTV or ZDTV please.

I'll get right on that... :p

hdtvtechno

Your teasing me  :D
Man the good ol days, it was fun.