• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

No More Lazer 103 ???

Started by Matt Heebner, Monday Aug 15, 2005, 11:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talos4

I assumed this was a discussion forum.

Apparently mine and Todd's lack of interest in Milwaukee radio shouldn't be part of the discussion about Milwaukee radio.

I'll try a little harder to stay on topic in future posts.  :confused:

kwinrich

Quote from: Talos4I assumed this was a discussion forum.

Apparently mine and Todd's lack of interest in Milwaukee radio shouldn't be part of the discussion about Milwaukee radio.

I'll try a little harder to stay on topic in future posts.  :confused:

It is, and I just expressed MY opinion, as you did yours.

Paul S.

Quote from: kwinrichSo then why waste the time responding?

X2..............

Talos4

QuoteSo then why waste the time responding?

Just what exactly did I say that you found so offensive to post a response like that?

MilwaukeeHDTV forum is usually a bit more civil than that. (at least it used to be)

kwinrich

Quote from: Talos4Just what exactly did I say that you found so offensive to post a response like that?

MilwaukeeHDTV forum is usually a bit more civil than that. (at least it used to be)

WOW did this get out of control here.  Where did I mention I was offended?

Doug Mohr

I'm very disappointed in the "new" format of Lazer. While I feel Mee should have been on KLH a long time ago (It just suits her better), I'm pissed that fish got fired.

Lazer played about 75% crap, now the hog is playing 95% crap. I gave it a fair shake Tuesday through Saturday, having it on whenever I was near a radio. The music is the same dead 70's crap and 80's crap with a few good tunes thrown in on rare occasions to give it variety. They took away most of the songs I liked and replaced them with songs I hate.

I routinely turned off Lazer at 10:20 as did a lot of people, and now I do the same thing as does every person I've personally talked to. This board is the only place I've found people who like the new format.

I can't fault Saga for going after the Brew, the Brew was gaining listeners, but they changed the wrong station. KLH is the Brew's competition and Lazer is rock 102's competition.

I always told Friends that if Lazer adopted rock 102 one's format and kept Lazer's dj's that it would be the best station around. I hate 102's Dj's and I hate Lazer's music.

Opie and Anthony in the morning??? They annoy me ALMOST as much as Bob & Tom do.

They best way to improve The Hog? Dump the music and just replay Bob & Brian back to back all day long.

It's only been a week and I already am annoyed with all the Hog jokes. I seriously doubt that Bob & Brian actually like the new format, they are just towing the corporate line for the first few months, then they'll bash the Hog's music as much as they did Lazer's.

Doug

d_bohne

I couldn't agree with you more, Doug!!!
I only wish 102.1 would play more of the heavier stuff, like Godsmack, Disturbed, and such.  But even without that, it's a decent station - definitely the only station in Milwaukee that I'll ever listen to, aside from Bob and Brian in the mornings...

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Doug MohrOpie and Anthony in the morning??? They annoy me ALMOST as much as Bob & Tom do.

That's interesting. You have XM and have listened lately ?

What about them annoys you ?

Doug Mohr

QuoteThat's interesting. You have XM and have listened lately ?

What about them annoys you ?

I don't have XM, but I was subjected to it while visiting my brother. They are way too lude for me. I prefer a much more subtle political incorrectness.

Doug

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Doug MohrI don't have XM, but I was subjected to it while visiting my brother. They are way too lude for me. I prefer a much more subtle political incorrectness.

Doug

Makes sense. I didn't like them at first, either. Something hooked me, though.

I continued to listen and they grew on me. It's kinda like a hanging-out-with-your-buddies show. I tell people to listen for a week straight to learn the "cast" and the in-jokes.

My wife had the same reaction, about them being lewd. When it crosses that line for her, there's 100+ other XM channels ... she turns it. O&A are what forced the purchase of a radio for her. Now, among other reasons, she can't wait for the kids to be back in school so she can enjoy the bbboys. (bbboys is one of the in-jokes.)

O&A's brand of humor is certainly not for everyone. They know it. It's termed "cringe radio." Definitely not subtle at all.

Paul S.

Quote from: Doug MohrThey best way to improve The Hog? Dump the music and just replay Bob & Brian back to back all day long.

Doug

Ditto.

I heard a Doors song on there and wanted to rip the speakers out of my garage and take a fat crap on 'em.

....I hate hippies. :guns:

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Paul S.Ditto.

I heard a Doors song on there and wanted to rip the speakers out of my garage and take a fat crap on 'em.

....I hate hippies. :guns:

Lets see how many stations play The Doors...
WKLH
The Brew
The Hog
95.7 (Now the hippie oldies station)
99.1 the mix.

Lets see how many stations play Marilyn Manson and NIN:

SugarRay

klh = The Brew = The HOG. Why Sega has 2 stations playing 95% the same music I don't know.

I think 102.9 sucks 'the hog'

Steve Mann

Quote from: Doug MohrLets see how many stations play Marilyn Manson and NIN:

Good. The plan is working.  Just one more to go.  :D

Seriously, I'm liking the new format at The Hog, though it's probably age related.

Seems like a good solution to me. 80's at the Brew (along with a bunch of wimpy tunes), 70's, 80's and 90's at the Hog (good rock and roll without the wimp) and then for all the young whipper-snappers out there, there's 102.1.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Bluto

The Hog still plays recent rock - I've heard Audioslave, Jett, Foo Fighters since the format change.

If it rocks, they play it.  Where the Brew with play songs from the 80s that definitely do not rock.  That's the difference between 102.9 and 97.3.

And yes, I'm right smack in the middle of 102.9's target demographic, so the new format pleases me.  They could use a little Disturbed in there once in a while, though.