• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Antenna and Install Help

Started by basshive, Monday Aug 01, 2005, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basshive

Hopefully some vets can offer assistance here. I am moving on Sept 1st. The home already has an antenna setup. I am sure I will need to replace it which I am more than happy to do.

Here is some pictures of the current setup, I have no idea what brand or anything the existing antenna is.

http://www.ourfamily-share.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=9446&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

http://www.ourfamily-share.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=9446&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

According to antennaweb I am approx. 27+ miles from the Milwaukee antennas. I would like to be able to pull in all of Milwaukee, maybe even surrounding areas and some Illinois.

Can anyone recommend a good antenna setup for this distance? I am in a vast open area so there is nothing directly around me.  Maybe a ChannelMaster 4228 would do the trick?

My last question would be, given the height of my existing antenna, is there a good local company that could provide an antenna and help install it for a reasonable fee? I can only spend about 200$ tops :(

I appreciate any help! Thanks guys/gals.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

murdoc

That antenna seems to be at a good height already.  I would see what channels you can pull in first before doing anything.  27 miles with an antenna that high should be able to pull in most, if not all the local channels.  Fox 6 would be the only one in question, but the power upgrade is supposed to happen this month.  Otherwise the channelmaster 4228 is a great antenna.  I am recieving all the Milwaukee locals including Fox 6 with this antenna in West Bend.  As for installers, sorry I can't help there.  I've always been a hands-on kinda guy. :)   Good luck!

Talos4

I'd say if it does the job, leave it alone.

If the rotor still works, play around. I think you'll be surprised.

I can't really tell from the pic, but if that's a coax line running up the tower you should be OK, If it's twin lead. Well..

As far as installers, Sorry, no recommendations, I'm it in my house.

mhz40

The one broken element should not affect the UHF performance of the existing antenna.  Try what's up there first, and inspect the grounding before you hook any gear to it!
{storm}

Richard H.

As to an installer contact Larry Neuens at Kemmer TV. He is a master at this kind of work. His phone number is 262 246 6495.

basshive

Thanks Richard. I will give him a call. I thought about doing it myself but I drove out to the house and check the cable coming down from the antenna and its twin lead which I will assume is very bad :) So now I definitly need some help getting things fixed, especially with football underway.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV