• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Please Help With E*

Started by mjay, Wednesday Aug 24, 2005, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjay

I'm new to HD.  I just bought an HDTV.  I currently have E*(Superdish, AT120 with locals).  I'm able to pickup all the HD locals here in Port Washington with an RCA ANT3900 clamped to my dish, with the exception of Fox6.  Hopefully when they boost their signal I'll get them too. I'm thinking about subscribing to the E* HD Package, but I was wondering about a few things.

Will I need the Superdish for the HD Package?  I had to get it to receive locals, but since I can now get HD locals for free, I was thinking of dropping the locals subscription. If I do this, can I take down the Superdish and put my Dish500 back up instead?

Does E* ever have any promotions for existing customers?  Every promotion I see from them is for new customers only.  

Am I going to have to purchase an HD receiver from E*, or is that something that I can lease from them?  It looks like the purchase price for their HD recorder is around $600, which is a bit steep for me right now.

Thanks for any help/advice that can be offered.

Ralph Kramden

You don't need the Superdish for HD. You can get the HD package with the Dish 500. But if you want to get the 10 Voom HD channels, you need to put up a second dish(that sucks). I lease the 811 HD receiver for $5 per month(great deal).
Dish Network likes to screw their current customers, they're a very strange company.

AndrewP

Also, if you cancel Dish locals more likely you will loose program guide.
I like HD DVR 942. It is much better then 811 in PQ, and it is DVR :D .
I am leasing 942 and 811 for 5/month both with no DVR fee. In order to get this deal DVR should be connected to the tel. line and you should subscribe to Everything Pack with locals.

jkane

Swing by //www.dbsforums.com and spend a few days reading threads.  You should find all the dish propoganda and bashing you can stand.   :D