• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Optoma Introduces Its Latest Home Theater Projector Featuring The DarkChip 3™ DLP Chi

Started by Gregg Lengling, Monday Jul 11, 2005, 11:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Optoma Technology, Inc. announces the availability of the H78DC3, its newest high performance digital projector for home theatre enthusiasts. The H78DC3 features Texas Instruments' DarkChip3 DLP chipset that delivers vivid digital images, as well as a 5X speed, 8-segment Dark Video Enhancement (DVE) color wheel and a 4000:1 contrast ratio to deliver subtle color details.

The H78DC3 home theater projector uses DarkChip3 DLP technology to assist in projecting higher brightness and deeper black levels; the H78DC3 is able to do this because the mirrors are placed closer together than in previous DMD chips. Offering remarkable display capabilities, the H78DC3 is a native 16:9 HDTV projector that features vertical lens shift control to adjust the vertical position of the projected picture.

With a 5x speed and proprietary 8-segment DVE color wheel, the Optoma H78DC3 can produce superior dark scenes. The improved processing of color allows the projector to deliver vibrant bright scenes and further enhance darks for extraordinary video performance.

Specifications:
Display Technology: Single 0.79 12-degree DarkChip3™ DLP™ technology
Brightness (typical): 800 lumens
Resolution: 720p (1,280 x 720) native, UXGA (1,600 x 1,200) compressed
Contrast Ratio: 4,000:1
Noise Level (typical): 25dB standard
Lamp Life (typical): 2,000 hours
Image Size (diagonal): 21 to 282 inches
Projection Distance: 3.3 to 33 feet
Computer Compatibility: UXGA, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA compression, VESA standards, PC & compatibles, Macintosh
Video Compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i), EDTV (480p), SDTV (480i), 576i/p
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 4:3 compatible
Throw Ratio: 1.6:1 to 2.16:1 (distance/width)
Horizontal Scan Rate: 15 to 100 kHz
Vertical Refresh Rate: 43 to 85Hz
I/O Connectors: DVI-I with HDCP, BNC (RBGHV/component video), component video, composite video (RCA), S-Video, two IR receivers, dual +12V trigger relays, RS-232 communication, AC power unit

The Optoma H78DC3 home theater projector is now available for $3,999 (MSRP) through authorized Optoma dealers.

Internet Contacts:
http://www.optomausa.com
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}