• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* and their OTA antenna question

Started by basshive, Friday Jul 08, 2005, 08:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basshive

Hi all,

Been lurking around for a while now. Firstly, just wanted to say how pleased I was to find such a nice community built around Milwaukee HDTV users!  In a sea of forums and sites I always feel more relaxed getting back here and seeing city names I know etc.

I am new to HDTV, just picked up my Sony 60inch.  Currently I am using the indoor Samsung antenna and believe it or not, it works pretty damn well!  By well I mean I get NBC, and CBS hehe and depending on which way the wind blows maybe some MPTV and Pax.  Once in a while I can get ABC but it really annoys my wife when I spend 10 minutes of a show moving the antenna around etc.  I did contact DirecTV to get a new dish and their OTA antenna installed. I rent so currently I cannot get up on the roof and mount a massive antenna although believe me, I would like to.

My question is, has anyone had exeperience with D*'s OTA antenna?  I am within 10 miles of pretty much every tower for Milwaukee according to antennaweb.  After sinking 5500$ into my current setup I guess I am hoping to atleast make my wife feel a little more comfortable with my big spending and maybe showoff a bit!

I appreciate anyones feedback on the D* OTA antenna and D* HDTV service in general!

Thanks
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

bubbaridesfast

Back in around April 2004, I had D* upgrade me to HD and then for $50 they installed an OTA. It is a Winegard, but no model # is marked on it and I looked on Winegard's website at the time and this antennae was not to be found.

I live at 64th and Coldspring in Greenfield and with it just mounted next to the dish at gutter level, I could pick up everything except Fox 6 until i mounted on a 10 foot pole strapped to my chimney. I did that in October to finally get the Packer games but now that the trees have filled in again I cannot get channel 6, hope like hell that they increase power one of these days, although with channel 88, I can wait until late August and Packer season.

They probably don't use the same antennae now but back then I called them first and insisted they make a note on my account that if I didn't get satisfactory reception that I wouldn't have to pay for the  antennae- they were OK about that.