• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDTV Recommendations for <=$1300?

Started by Joseph S, Friday Jul 01, 2005, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph S

The set is for relative. Most likely a thin <= 46" DLP projection or a tabletop in the 30-36" range. Prefer built-in HDTV tuner as they have access at their location to an obscene amount of OTA channels from several markets.

Was looking at the now released 34HF85 by "Toshiba," but hear it's from "Orion" and not up to par for the price.

Gregg Lengling

The 34HF85 doesn't have a digital tuner...it's only HD ready.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

russellj

Sanyo makes some sets like you want. Belive it or not you can by them at Wall Mart. They have dual tuners. Analog and Digital. A friend on mine has the 30" model. He lives in Pewaukee and can pick up all local HD feeds including FOX and CBS using just a Zenith Silversensor indoor antenna. Follow this link http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?ref=125875.244125+500500.4294295981&path=0%3A3944%3A133276%3A3996

kevbeck122

I have the 30" Sanyo also.  Be warned though that the component jacks are really crappy and cause noise to the picture with most things (gaming systems, set top boxes, some DVD players, etc.).  It's a < $600 set so of course it has flaws: barrel roll on HD channels and pincushion on 4:3 channels.  I have no complaints with the HDMI connection other than it's a little buggy... makes some upconverting DVD players freeze, and makes my TWC box reset almost all the time when I shut it off.  I'd say go better quality.. I couldn't spend a lot of money, so I settled for this and it works fine for me.  Besides, it's discontinued.  They only offer a 28" widescreen without an HDMI port now.

Joseph S

I always pay a "little" more, but this isn't my money. :D