• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Watch the weather bozos destroy HDTV Production NBC spent $$$ on

Started by Joseph S, Sunday Nov 06, 2005, 01:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph S

This doesn't include the massive logos or the parts where they showed the game on a black "L" shaped screen.

Instead of doing this during commercials, they interupted the programming after commercials. After the first segment, they went back to the game in HD only to flip back to the weather bozo again seconds later to say there's nothing going on in the weather. Ended finally in SD.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7251931/TMJWEATHERHYPE.mov.html
Instructions: 1) Push "Free" 2) Wait 25 or so seconds 3) Download
File Info: 5MB, Quicktime MPEG 4 Video, AAC Audio

murdoc

They also screwed up the first 15-20 minutes of SNL last night.  Since this was a special episode (all commercial skits from previous shows). I had my heart set on archiving this episode.  Now I am going to have to waste my time downloading the episode on bittorrent.  So I can have a clean copy.  I mean we all know that it's raining outside.  You screwed up numerous HD programs throughout the evening with the damn weather radar, you updated us during the 10 o'clock news, yet you still ran the radar the first 20 minutes of SNL.  I've never been a big fan of TMJ.  But when I do want to watch one or two of their programs, it seems the weather geeks have to screw with me.  Just an FYI to all the local affliates reading, that I do have the option of getting the national feeds from D* for $1.50 per channel per month.  I already have Fox 5 from NY for free, so for an extra $3.00/month, I can have CBS, and NBC (for Las Vegas, and SNL).  I could care less about ABC since I only watch for MNF.  Given the amount of distractions, drop-outs, and overall poor presentation, this option is looking better and better every day.