• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Polk XRT12 XM component radio

Started by gparris, Thursday Jun 16, 2005, 07:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

This unit is the same size as your DVD player, looks as if it was one, but it's not.
Polk quality throughout, the unit has a sleek look, blue LED display that outputs to your (HD)TV screen if you prefer and the setup is quick and easy.
It comes with everything you need to hook it up including an toslink optical cable for digital input directly to your unused optical digital inputs on your receiver or, if you prefer, an coaxial digital cord (not supplied) and RCA type stereo plugs (included) for easy installation.
The sound is excellent, better than in the car and Polk did its homework on this one.
All you need is a south or southeast window to face the supplied sensor on its 20 foot cable for signal and a meter is suppied internally.
Cost is about $269 (on sale now) and there is a rebate for a free XM Roady2 if you purchase by July 2nd and activate your receiver.

Just thought I would post my very positive experience about this product  
as I got tired of AM and FM in town and since I have XM in my vehicles, I got used to it.
As for location, I placed it under my HD DVR with no problems and love it! :cool:

tbarney

I'm a huge XM fan and this component caught my eye when it came out last year(I think) but couldn't bring myself to buy one since I have a portable XM unit.  If my sony plug-n-play unit takes a dump then I'll have to give this some serious consideration.

-Tom