• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone have experience haggling with Circuit City Open Box Items?

Started by MathWiz579, Monday May 30, 2005, 08:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz579

I'm thinking about buying an HDTV for my bedroom.  Already have the Sony 51" projection in the living room.  Saw a 30" Sony Wega open box at Circuit City for $840.  TV retails for $999 but can be found for $854 including shipping at Amazon.com.

My question is: has anyone had success haggling with the price for open box items?  I'm wondering if I can get this tv down to $750 or so.  It will be so nice to get a second HD set soon!

Ralph Kramden

I haven't done it, but I would ask for the manager to try it. Don't waste your time with any of the sales people. I don't mean to be rude, but I never understood the TV in the bedroom thing. The bedroom is for 2 things, and 1 is sleeping.

oz

Sometimes it's nice to watch a little TV between doing thing 1 and doing thing 2.  Not everyone can keep doing thing 1 as long as you can...    :)

gparris

Many times in our household there was a conflict on who wants to watch what and it usually meant someone lost out...but no longer.  :rock:

Then it is always good to lay down with some pillows and relax to a good movie or catchup on somethings off the HD DVR, too, so the bedroom is a good location. ;)

As far as CC negotiations, I have been very successful and the open box items are of good value at the price you want to pay...see the manager and if you are a regular customer, like I am, you get a deal. :D

tazman

Quote from: Ralph KramdenI haven't done it, but I would ask for the manager to try it. Don't waste your time with any of the sales people. I don't mean to be rude, but I never understood the TV in the bedroom thing. The bedroom is for 2 things, and 1 is sleeping.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd have to agree.  But then again, your either single or youve been around since Noa floated the ark.  But then it's just one more excuse not to get your DONKEY out of bed.  As you might be able to tell, I,m closer to Noa floating the ark and I value all the vertical awake time I have. :rock: