• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sony's new HD DVR

Started by Richard H., Thursday May 26, 2005, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard H.

Now that the Sony DHG-HD500 is out and being sold is there anyone out there that has one? I'd like to get your opinion.

Thanks

dlhoppe

I've got the 250. It's the same unit as the 500, but with a smaller hard drive.  The OTA receiver is excellent and the picture quality is as good as the other ATSC boxes I have (151, 351, Voom). The recording features are very nice and you can watch one recording while recording another show.  Plenty of whistles and bells. The only gripe I have is that the TV Guide OnScreen feature is not working too well, but I don't think that's the fault of the Sony unit. It worked ok for the first few days I had it, but there's been no program info for the last 4 or 5 days. I've just learned today from Jimboy at WCGV that the Gemstar encoder has been down. Hopefully he got that corrected today.  When the guide is working, this is a pretty nice unit.  I like it.