• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Distributing S-video

Started by dj1111, Thursday Apr 21, 2005, 07:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj1111

I recently received an order of fun stuff from CableWholesale.com.  Included was a bunch of Keystone modular wall plates.  What an excellent way to organize all your cables and outlets.  They have a module for just about every kind of connection.  My main reason for this purchase was to distribute the S-video and stereo outputs from my satellite receiver instead of using coaxial cable.  I'm too cheap to pay the extra $$ per month for additional receivers.  One challenge was to send it over 75 feet from one end of the house to the other.  Stores don't sell S-cables that long.  I installed a 25' and 75' S-video + L&R RCA audio.  Was a little leery how that long of an S-video run would work.  I also tagged on another 6' at either end to connect to the equipment so my longest run is 87'.  To distribute it, I used an S-video distribution amp from Radio Shack going to 3 TV's.  I all works great.  The picture and sound quality is fantastic at all ends.