• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Local junk mailer wants to criminally prosecute indecency

Started by Joseph S, Wednesday Apr 06, 2005, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph S

Well, it seems the same guy who sent me junk mail at my expense last week has gone bonkers.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/43961.htm

QuoteRep. F. James Sensenbrenner III (R-Wis.) says criminal prosecution would be a more efficient way to enforce the indecency regulations.

"I'd prefer using the criminal process rather than the regulatory process," Sensenbrenner said this week at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association conference in San Francisco.

The current system — in which the FCC fines a station for violating the regulations — isn't working, he said.

"People who are in flagrant disregard should face a criminal process rather than a regulator process," Sensenbrenner said. "That is the way to go. Aim the cannon specifically at the people committing the offenses, rather than the blunderbuss approach."

Sensenbrenner could not say immediately how the law would work.

Anyone know how to get off the list to save postage and paper? Clearly there's no useful info in what he's mailing me. This is beyond ridiculous. What's next? The death penalty for a nipple?

Mark Strube

Freedom of speech is really getting killed these days. Fahrenheit 451 is coming. Are you ready?  :guns:

(This is why i vote libertarian... I wish more would.)