• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC digital phone

Started by summerfun, Sunday Apr 03, 2005, 10:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp44again

Not that this matters but do you have cordless phones? How many? I have 3.

gparris

My TWC Digital Phone has worked flawlessly since last fall.
I have a Siemens cordless phone system incorporating a base station with corded handset, two cordless DC-powered stations, one in the family room and one in the upstairs bedroom with the Verizon land line  (line 2) attached to the base station for the security system/HVAC monitoring and faxing.
If anything should have shorted out or failed, this would have been it.
I do not and have not ever suffered from bad signal or dropouts.

You cannot blame Digital Phone for a bad handset you bought as these are notorious for failure or dropout and bad sound.

Buy a new handset or change its battery.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: sp44againNot that this matters but do you have cordless phones? How many? I have 3.

All of my phones are cordless 900mhz Panasonic...and I have 5 of them....no problemo.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

summerfun

7 phones in the house, all individual base station/cordless handsets and they all work fantastic.

sp44again

In other words something is a matter with my connection.

mhz40

Quote from: sp44againIn other words something is a matter with my connection.
If you are referring to 'my connection' as the one between your ear and the phone modem, yes... it sounds like a good starting point.  The digital phone stuff is all digital after it hits the modem, so it will generally either work or not... with not much else in between.  The first indication of a problem might be an echo while on the phone, not the issues you defined earlier.  Maybe a bad line to the modem from the phone?

sp44again

I get everything, echo, static, cutting out, loud volume. I don't undertand how it could be the phone when the same phones were fine with SBC. When I turn on the phone and get a dial tone I don't hear any of these things til I connect to someone.