• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Pets Watching TV

Started by picopir8, Saturday May 28, 2005, 01:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picopir8

Okay, we have all seen it.  Dogs and cats batting at TVs.  I had one dog who would watch TV but only if I was watching animal plannet and the sound of an animal caught her ear.  But ever since I got my projector both my dogs seem to enjoy watching TV.  Im not sure if its just easier for them to pick things out on the big screen or what.  But I do notice that both my dogs generally have their eyes fixed on the screen no matter what Im watching.  Has anyone else noticed an increase in their pets TV viewing since after they got a larger screen and/or HD?

Paul S.

Once in a great while, my rottie will put her big ole nose up against the screen and leave a print.

Tom Snyder

Our dog will be walking through the living room and she'll see a full face shot of someone and start barking and growling... first time it happened was Jack Nicholson... thought it was just him, but it turned out to be others, too... but especially (and I'm not kidding) mostly Democrats.. Bob Beckel and Teddy Kennedy send her into a fit.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: Tom SnyderOur dog will be walking through the living room and she'll see a full face shot of someone and start barking and growling... first time it happened was Jack Nicholson... thought it was just him, but it turned out to be others, too... but especially (and I'm not kidding) mostly Democrats.. Bob Beckel and Teddy Kennedy send her into a fit.

That is too funny!  Maybe in a former life your dog was a Republican.....  Thanks for sharing that,  :rofl:

cjucoder

With my two cats it's more the sound then the visual on the TV, and the better the receiver and speakers have gotten the more they notice.  They react to animal sounds, especially birds and other cat sounds.  A nature show of wolves howling freaked them out big time.

Quote from: Tom SnyderJack Nicholson ---snip--- Bob Beckel and Teddy Kennedy send her into a fit.
Hmm, maybe it's just scary faces  ;)

Doug Mohr

This sounds like great justification for getting a much bigger HDTV screen!

My dogs will only watch when there is great moving contrast on the screen, like car commercials where they drive through trees on a bright sunny day.

Doug