• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I need the memberships help

Started by Paul S., Wednesday Mar 02, 2005, 07:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

I hate doing this, but I've had over 10 weeks off (lay-off) and we are getting hit with overdraft fees and still have bills that have to be paid. Every painting shop has been slow since Sept- right after I bought my house things went downhill :(

I am offering my services at a reduced rate than normal side work. In the winter time, Im stuck with interior stuff like painting, wallcovering removal, drywall repair, and varnishing. Summer yeilds more like some outside work and wood refinishing/finishing.

Please, if anyone needs work done now or knows someone, please let me know. I'm afraid I might lose the house as unemployment pays very little.

Paint and supplies I get at a discount that gets passed to you- I dont jack up any prices and you get the reciept from Sherwin-William, Hallman Lindsay, etc. and you see exactly what I pay.

Please PM me for my hourly rate.

Thank you,

Paul

StarvingForHDTV

A while back I used to own a service business.  We didn't have much money at that time, so we figured out an inexpensive way to get customers.  We went to Clark Graphics which is a print shop on the East side of Milwaukee (this could probably be done at any print shop like Kinkos or ???) and we had them design a simple flyer for us describing the services we offered along with contact information for our company.  You could even design this on your computer if you have the skill.  We had these printed up and drove around putting them in people's journal boxes.  You can't put anything in a mail box, but you can put stuff in newspaper boxes.  Anyway, it always created work for us, and was very low cost.  Once you get the ball rolling, and if you do good work at reasonable prices, word of mouth will kick in and you won't have to advertise at all.

I hope this helps.

Tom Snyder

15 years ago, we were trying to jump start my wife's house cleaning business. And that's what we did... designed and had printed flyers. We drove around and stuffed them in paperboxes in the more upscale neighborhoods of Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington county.  

She got her first call the first day we did it...

Went out every night and all day on Saturday on Sunday. Within a year, she turned those flyers into a 4 employee business.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV

It really is amazing how simple ideas like that can work.  As time wore on our flyers became better and better.  We used heavier paper and eventually made some advertising out of card stock material.  Those ads had a nice gold leaf and looked real professional.  Of course it was a classy service we were offering.  We later found out that customers hung onto those card stock ads because they thought they were too valuable to throw away!  Brings back memories.

Rick Sass

Quote from: Tom Snyder. We drove around and stuffed them in paperboxes in the more upscale neighborhoods of Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington county.

No flyer in my mailbox - guess you can tell what kind of neighborhood I live in  :D .