News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Updated USB drivers for HD Tivo

Started by borghe, Monday Feb 21, 2005, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borghe

In case anyone has their Tivo hacked but doesn't regularly read //www.dealdatabase.com/forum/ they have newer USB drivers posted along with newer extraction software posted that serves two functions.

a) it allows for faster downloads. with the Tivo set to SD channels I can download at around 2.6MBps. Set to a music or invalid channel I can download at almost 3MBps. Both are faster than realtime for HD material.

b) they take up less resources meaning you can now download shows on the HD Tivo without interrupting currently playing shows. For those who don'w know, perviously on the HD Tivo it was common to get blips and blurbs while watching a show and downloading a show at the same time. Recordings were always fine, it was just glitches on the show you were watching. With the new drivers and updated software I can now download an show while watching an HD program without a problem.

Very cool stuff.