• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

MyFreeHDTV.org

Started by StarvingForHDTV, Friday Jan 28, 2005, 08:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarvingForHDTV

http://www.myfreehdtv.org/

It was on the bottom of a WB commercial promoting HD.  A website sponsored by "your local television broadcasters".

The idea of multicasting during non-Prime Time HD hours is a interesting concept.

Joseph S

Of course they don't come out and say it...

QuoteRegistrant:
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (STWMZBHRUD)
   10706 Beaver Dam Road
   Cockeysville, MD 21030
   US

Domain Name: MYFREEHDTV.COM

Administrative Contact:
      DNS  (26712779I)      dnsadmin@SBGNET.COM
      DNS Administrator
      Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
      10706 Beaver Dam Rd
      Hunt Valley, MD 21030
      US
      999 999 9999 fax: 999 999 9999

Where's our free HDTV??? Not on Sinclair's UPN or a great majority of their owned stations. Then again, this is the same Sinclair that told us we couldn't receive HDTV OTA and tried to prove us wrong by using 9v batteries and failing to produce a digital signal until long after the original 5/1/03 deadline.

gparris

Recently, Comcast Cable has re-negotiated with Sinclair for retranmission of their HD channels and now their subscribers have them...why doesn't TWC do the same? :(

If it is only the 50 cents per subscriber per month that is required so I can watch my favourite programmes in HD from the WB, so be it...that is what Sinclair is asking for, at least.

My cable bill went up $2 for the DigiPic plan last month, so was that included or are we raising it some more, soon (by the 50 cents)?
Comcast really IS the bigger cable company, as it got we don't have with cable, all of our HD locals (like WB 18 in HD)!

TWC: here's my two quarters! :D

Talos4

gparris

Your point is well-taken, but your pictures say why I DO have cable...at least one of the many reasons I do, and why many others do...have cable. :rolleyes:

IF a couple of quarters a month is what it takes for me to get to watch the WB in HD along the the rest of my HD-local network shows...and record them, too, without buying into anything more for equipment than the lease on the HD DVR and its respective service is all it takes is what I want-that is, if TWC eventually mimics Comcast! :cool:

Milwaukee12

I would never want my equipment to be leased.  I would want it to be mine.

Milwaukee12

I would never want my equipment to be leased.  I would want it to be mine.  I'm also happy that later this year we will be able to watch local HD on Directv.

gparris

Quote from: Milwaukee12I would never want my equipment to be leased.  I would want it to be mine.  I'm also happy that later this year we will be able to watch local HD on Directv.

My leased equipment, if it goes out, I go and exchange it without waiting for service or having to buy a different one again.  :p
Further, if something better comes out, like what happened when the SA3100HD boxes from TWC were replaced (not too long ago) with the Pioneer 3510HD model, I did nothing but exchange it.  ;)

Good luck with the HD Tivos when they give you HDLiLs in 2007 and the whole thing gets replaced for MPEG4! :D

Joseph S

QuoteGood luck with the HD Tivos when they give you HDLiLs in 2007 and the whole thing gets replaced for MPEG4!
With the HDTivo you can archive and upgrade. With TimeWarner's box you upgrade and lose everything. If the box has a hiccup, you lose everything. A DVHS and/or QAM card/tuner is a better solution than what Time Warner is charging for their PVR function.