• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TW Digital Cable Questions

Started by IronChef Napalm, Monday Jan 10, 2005, 04:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronChef Napalm

Nice place you have here.  I have a couple of questions about digital cable that I would rather ask enthusiasts and avoid TW customer service.

Does digital cable allow me to get local Milwaukee HD channels at no extra cost?  I realize they have an HD package, but if I understand their marketing that is only for things like ESPN HD and HBO, right?

(bonus non-HD question)
If I hook up digital cable with a box(or cable card) to one television, will I still receive analog if I directly connect my other televisions?

Gregg Lengling

First question, yes you will get Milwaukee HD stations free of charge (ch 4, 6,10, 12, 36, and 58).  You will have to pay rental on the box (same as the normal digital box rental but an HD box, or have them install a Card if you have a Cable Card ready television).

Question 2:  Yes you can still get all the analog channels on the other tv's if you hook them up.

Remember even with digital cable all the lower channels (below 100) are still analog, not like satellite where all channels are digital.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

summerfun

QuoteOriginally posted by IronChef Napalm
things like ESPN HD and HBO, right?
ESPN HD is part of the extra HD package, but HBO HD and Showtime HD are free if you subscribe to the SD version. You do not need to purchase the extra HD package for those two channels.

tothemax

If you get the TWC HD box get the HD/DVR box right away.

linuxworxorg

....as with dish. As a poster above said. However there is zero extra monthly cost for those TVs. With dish you have to pay for each TV, or rather a box for each TV.