• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

twc vs dish pricing

Started by krauts, Sunday Jan 09, 2005, 04:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krauts

This spring I'll be moving to an area that has twc. What does their cable tv package for 3 tv's and hd for one tv cost? I don't need tivo but would like the HD content. Do you need additional recievers for each tv like D? I currently have D and depending on what happens the next few months I might just keep that. But in the mean time i'm curious how twc pricing would compare.

thanks

Den Mayer

Time Warner Cable Pricing based upon Green Bay....

Sounds like you need Five (5) TV Feeds...

1) 5 way Splitter IF it exists...    With the single
             'good' unbalanced feed to the TWC HD Set Top box.

2) 4 RF Analog Cable feeds to each of the 4 TVs...
              That Includes the RF Analog feed to the HDTV unit
                   for Pic & Picture Feature

3) Cost............   Splitter could be free from TWC ?
           Usually they give you a 3 way set up free.

4)    SA3250HD box remote $8/mo  for HDTV unit only
           Basic Service   Feed   $ 20/mo
          Standard Service Feed    $24/mo
          Basic HD                         Free   NBC, CBS, ABC,PBS, TNT
         Enhanced HD                  $7/mo   ESPN-HD, INHD1&2 ,H        
            City Tax                         $2/mo
                               Total   $61/mo      TWC 2005 Prices

FiberOptic

If you want digital cable that will include channels like HBO, you will need a box.  I like TWC where I live because I get Milwaukee and Chicago local channels.  I spend about $120 to get HD on 1 TV and regular digital on another one, with basic cable on 2 other sets.  I have 1 HD DVR and 1 other DVR.  My issue with them is the fact they do not have Comcast Sports Network (Cubs game) and have not added some additional HD channels

krauts

I thought I read somewhere on their site that you needed atleast one of the digital packages in order to get HD now. I'll have to check into it more when the time comes.

JRel

You can get the HD locals (FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc) if you have the Basic service and a set top box that has QAM support.  TWC will rent you the box ($8 as seen below).

I currently have basic service and the SA8000HD with DVR service.  I am not subscribed to any digital packages, such as DigiPic1000, etc.  Total price around $50/month.  I get a few more HD channels, but not HD ESPN, HDNET, etc.