• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What's a fair price for this RPTV?

Started by Ralph Kramden, Tuesday Dec 21, 2004, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

I'm THINKING of selling my Mitsubishi WS-55807, 55" widescreen. It is 16:9 format, HDTV ready, excellent condition. I bought it new in 2001, and it has over 1 year left on the Extended Warranty, which is transferable. I can list much more info. if anyone is interested.

JIM

Paul S.

I'd say a grand at the most- thats what I would pay, max.

Matt Heebner

I would say  $1000 might even be too much to ask. I have the exact same TV, and even calibrated by Craig Miller, $1000 would be the most I would ask for it. There are just tooo many features missing to be a thousand dollar TV : HDMI/DVI, firewire, netcommand, and the newer Mitsubishi's have considerably better lenses, anti-glare screens, etc.

The WS55807 was an EXCELLENT TV in it's time, and still performs admireably, but it's time is over and has been replaced by better technology. That is the way it is with technology.

I think a fair price for an excellently kept TV would be closer to $750-$800. If you can get more, great.

Just my .02 worth.

Matt

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
I would say  $1000 might even be too much to ask. I have the exact same TV, and even calibrated by Craig Miller, $1000 would be the most I would ask for it. There are just tooo many features missing to be a thousand dollar TV : HDMI/DVI, firewire, netcommand, and the newer Mitsubishi's have considerably better lenses, anti-glare screens, etc.

You're right. For some reason I assumed it had all that lol