• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The MilwaukeeHDTV.org Board

Started by John L, Sunday Dec 12, 2004, 05:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

How come the clock is never set properly on here?  I mean everytime I post a message the clock stamps 6 hours later.  Right now its 5:01 pm on 12/12/04. As soon as I save this message I bet it will stamp as 11:02 pm 12/12/04.

How come it isn't set accurate?

-John L.

Tom Snyder

Have you gone to your user settings (user cp>edit options) and set your local time zone? It can't assume that everyone lives in Central, so it uses GMT until you tell it otherwsie...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

John L

OK!!!  Thats much better.  Its been a longtime I looked at my user settings.  At teh time I registered onto this board and went thru the options I probably saw that there but did not understand it.  But now I made the change and select Central, U.S. Mexico, etc.  Now it appears that the messages are reading accurate times.

The fact it was originally set at GMT time lead me to believe that the server handling the Milwaukee HDTV forum is perhaps in Great Britain.  Perhaps it is?

Or are we on a local server in Milwaukee or is it in another part of the world?

-John L.

Tom Snyder

Server is right here in town. The Board software just is written to set the default to the GMT.  

Not sure if changing that at this point would screw up everyone's setting now... and not sure if we wanna take that chance... :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org