• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TechTV

Started by Mark Strube, Tuesday Nov 30, 2004, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Strube

Anyone here TechTV fans? They just had the new episode of The Screen Savers on Monday, "revamped" yet again thanks to G4, and it was worse than ever. Chi-Lan and Kevin Perrera are now hosts, and they know nothing about computers, just reading from teleprompters and looking pretty. Hosts of a computer show, that know nothing about computers? Alrighty! Why oh why did G4 (Comcast) have to go and buy such a good channel and just tear all its programming to shreds? WHY?

jfrancour

I haven't checked out any shows on TechTV lately, but they really screwed up the website. Used to be very informative and now I have a hard time finding any good info.

davezen2

I used to watch The Screensavers all the time along with a couple of other shows, but now it seems like all thats ever on is programming about video games with hosts hopped up on too much sugar.
Ever since G4 all the programming has gone down hill.  :(

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

picopir8

I watched TSS back when it was hosted by Kate and Leo on ZDTV.  Then they had to move her to X-Play (or whatever it was called back then) because they lost the other girl on the show (who in my opinion was better than Adam).  Then Kate got smart and moved on from ZDTV or TechTV or whatever it was at the time.  Same with Sumi Das.  She was good on Fresh Gear and now made a much better name for herself.  But one of the best shows was that round table show hosted by that guy from PC Magazine.  But once Ziff Davis exited everything, the downward slide began.  TSS was barely watchable back when I got rid of satellite last October.  When I re-established service in Sept, I maybe turned on G4TechTv once.  The whole channel sucks now.  TSS is crap, as is almost every other show.  It seems like everything is about video games and is aimed at teens.  Heck the average gamer is 30 yrs old so something is wrong with their marketing.

Too bad, now all I watch is discovery and discovery wings but once wings becomes the military channel Ill have nothing to watch.  Guess Ill just have to cancel satellite again.