• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* Promotions - Free for the Asking

Started by bubbaridesfast, Tuesday Nov 23, 2004, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbaridesfast

I read on the AVS forum about being able to cancel the HD package and sign up again and get 6 months free which is offered to new subs.

Well, back in April as a subsidy to the purchase of my HD box I agreed to 1 year of the HD package and can't get into this offer. I tried calling just to check and the CSR confirmed my fears, BUT, she said she had other unadvertised offers I could get in on!

Apparently CSR's have something called Shopper News or the like that has promotions they can extend over the phone only because when I asked where on the website I could read the fine print she said "No where".

I had a number of choices from 3 months free Showtime to Buy one premium and get one free for 6 months. Others I think included $20/month off the Premier packages and the one I went for was any Premium package for $10/month off for the first 6 months. So I took HBO for $2/ month for 6 months. The only catch is I had to agree to carry Total Choice for one year but no sweat, I'm sure I will carry it for several years (5 already) so why not get something for it every year?

Rick Sass

I have the 1 year committment; went to the D* website, cancelled the HD package, then resigned for the HD package - 6 months FREE. No problem, here.

bubbaridesfast

When you cancelled did you get a warning that you may lose a credit (due to the committment I suppose) before you "Accepted" the changes?

I tried cancelling on the website but thought twice when that warning came up and chickened out. I suppose it isn't Politically Correct  to demean chickens like this is it?

Rick Sass

I didn't think twice it and now I have HD free for 6 months. BTW, I wouldn't worry about the chickens, it's the turkeys I'd worry about. GOBBLE, GOBBLE.