News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Milwaukee HDTV reception problems

Started by Keeperjh, Monday Nov 15, 2004, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeperjh

I'm having a problem receiving some of the OTA HD signals and wonder why.  I live about 25 miles south of Milwaukee.  I don't believe thats too far away for receiving HD stations.  I get 4, 10, 12 and 36 OK but can't get 6, 18, 24 or 58.  Just get the 'Searching for signal' message.  I installed a new Channel Master Crossfire 3677 antenna, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?  Do I need to install a new RG6 cable or an in-line amplifier?  Not sure what steps I should take next.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gregg Lengling

I understand your problem with channel 6 as they are running extremely low power and their signal is only directed west, not many people can receive it at this point. Channel 18, 24 and 58 also are running at reduced power and if you look at their antenna plots they are not putting a lot of signal to the south and there-in lies your problem.  Depending on how far east or west you are will decide what you might be able to do to resolve the 18,24,58 problems...the channel 6 problems are out of your hands until they put up a new antenna and a higher power transmitter.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

John L

If I remember right, Ch. 6 is suppose to increase their power by Spring 2005.

I seem to recall Jimboy made some comment about chs 18 & 24 have a power increase in the works.

As for ch. 58 I don't know.  If Major Networks are required to increase their power, I would think 58 would have to do just that as well.

-John L.