• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NFL Sunday Ticket on D* til 2010!

Started by sp44again, Monday Nov 08, 2004, 08:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp44again

DirecTV also extended its deal with the league through 2010 for the Sunday Ticket package. The satellite distributor will pay $3.5 billion for the five-year extension.

DirecTV televises via satellite every Sunday afternoon regular-season game to markets that otherwise would be blacked out of those games.

"Our DirecTV partnership complements and supports our broadcast television packages," Tagliabue said. "This new agreement expands our joint commitment to the ongoing development of innovative ways for fans to enjoy the NFL."

In addition to some interactive services, DirecTV will institute a separate "Red Zone" channel devoted to taking viewers from game to game when a team is inside an opponent's 20-yard line and poised to score.

borghe

Four words.

I told you so.

With pockets as deep as News Corps' I didn't think it would turn out any other way.

mhz40

They may have deep pockets, but I'm not exactly sure what they are filled with...  They lost over $1.6 billion during the first three quarters of '04.  Eventually they will have to stop giving their service and/or hardware away.