• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Northern Lights

Started by tazman, Sunday Nov 07, 2004, 06:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazman

Any one else out in the country get outside after dark tonight to see the northern lights.  Their fantastic, haven't seen them down here for quite awhile and most certainly not like they are tonight.  Half the visible sky is lit up with a bright haze and then down towards the north horizon there are waving bands of bright green, yellow and orange colors.  So get off the computer and go out and look their probably still going. time now is 6:47 PM:D

Tom Snyder

They were flashing and shimering here till at least 10... Got  a bunch of photos, too!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

tazman

Being the astronomy buff that I am, I was thinking of doing the same thing.  But I figured since I didn't have any fast speed film handy for my 35mm, they wouldn't have turned out.  Did you take those with film or digital?:)

mhz40

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
They were flashing and shimering here till at least 10... Got  a bunch of photos, too!
:bow: That is one fantastic picture!  Got any more?

Tom Snyder

Yeah... here are a few more.
Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Took these with an Olympus C-5060 Digital using the auto setting for a nightime shot.
Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

I didn't even notice the big dipper smack dab in the middle of this one till I reduced it for the web.
Tom Snyder

tazman

QuoteTook these with an Olympus C-5060 Digital using the auto setting for a nightime shot.
Darn I should have tried it.  I've got an Olympus D450 that propably would have worked also.  Oh well:(

Tom Snyder

They're out again tonight... not as bright. And it's really windy and cold... But might be worth a try...
Tom Snyder