News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Channel 36 Buzz -- Am I Alone?

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Tuesday Nov 16, 2004, 12:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

With my HD 10-250 DTR, new antenna for DirecTV, etc., I started watching the Jim Leher news hour a new way.  Because the OTA 36-1 doesn't show the program during prime time, I began picking up "36ML", which is D*'s satellite feed for Milwaukee of local stations.  (I assume they pick up old CH 36.)  

However, whether live or recorded by Tivo, I noticed an annoying buzz or hum with 36ML -- much like the old intermodulation buzz one would get with an old-style TV tuner that wasn't quite "on".

I went back to watching old analog CH 36, and I could hear the hum there, too, but much more faintly, so I suspect the station.

I tried all other combinations, all other channels, new, old, via satellite, over-the-air, etc., and only on "36ML" do I get this significant hum.

So, is it me, my setup, or do others hear the same thing?  I understand that ch 36 is not the most viewed station, especially 36ML from DirecTV, but because I have only one receiver able to pick up 36ML, I'd appreciate some feedback from others.

Thanks in advance.

Stan Kritzik