• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Whew!

Started by Paul S., Wednesday Oct 06, 2004, 06:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

Hey guys, miss me? :D

I've been without DSL since Sept.15th. Not that it mattered much- between moving, unpacking, having a housewarming party, and getting our lil rottie pup (during the crap Packer game sunday), time has been somewhat of a luxury. I do have the theater and pub in the basement pretty much complete for this stage of it. I'll post pics of the pup and the basement as soon as my digital camera wants to start working.

gparris

Thought you sort of fell off the HD "radar", but knew you were moving...sometimes a new pet and a move aren't always the best timing, together, but glad to hear from you nevertheless.:)
As for the move, tell us how your Sony HDTV set survived the move and will it need a new calibration, soon?:D

As soon as you do get your camera working, send us some pictures of your HT setup- you indicate that it is now in your basement?
Make sure you have it clear of any furnace, hot water heater, etc., in case something happens...I know it is common sense, but you should see what I see sometimes in other folks places...thanks!:wave:

Paul S.

The move went well- had great help and had everything moved quickly. The set was the last thing to get put in the truck. I set it on its original foam inserts/stabilizers. I had to do a medium 'fine' convergence redo, but all was well with it (sans a few scratches thanks to a friends bad grip :( )

The theater is in a good spot- I would have pics but when I changed batteries in my dig camera, it refused to turn on even though I went through 3 new sets of batteries just in case :mad:

gparris

Nice to know the set survived...as for scratches, is it a silver set by any chance? Sony has some sets in silver and maybe you can find a touchup from them as an accessory if it looks that bad in the basement. If not silver, I have used a variety of things to match and black is pretty easy to match.

Looking forward to the pictures. Maybe the your digital camera didn't survive the move. huh?:(

jkane

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul S.
I do have the theater and pub in the basement pretty much complete for this stage of it.

A pub in your basement!?  What's on tap?  :D   A Pub and HD Theatre together.  Life doesn't get much better.  ;)