• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

PALM Pilot Remote

Started by tazman, Monday Sep 27, 2004, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazman

I remember several months back we had a discussion about remotes.  IE the programmable learning remotes.  I have a PALM Zire71 and while browsing the PALM software site, I found this.  http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&SID=3D2E73FE-CF18-AC2E-75E88BBD5A2F529F&PartnerREF=&prodID=46448

It is called "Novii Remote".  It has TV, Cable/Sat, DVD/CD, VCR, Audio, PVR.  You can program multiple devices for each and switch devices from a pull down menu.  So if you had 4 TV's, each one could be programmed in.  It has buttons that I was able to program for all the major functions and some minor functions of every device I currently have in my audio video setup, including my Twinhan and Hauppauge tunner cards in my HTPC.  I was even able to program in the functions for my Channel Master remote control antenna rotor.  So while taking a break from playing solitare, a tap of the screen I can change channels on my Integra or change inputs on the Sony or the volume or inputs on my Denon.  Programming this is a simple matter of tapping "setup", picking the type of device your programming and having the devices remote facing the IR of the PALM.  Select learn and start pushing corresponding buttons.  Anyone who has a PALM lying around, this is a very handy little program.  I give it a two thumbs up.:cool: