• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

UPN Broadcasting Half of its Prime Time in HD

Started by Gregg Lengling, Monday Sep 27, 2004, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

September 22, 2004
By John Consoli

Half of UPN's prime-time programming lineup—7 shows—will be broadcast in high definition this season.

They include fist year dramas Veronica Mars and Kevin Hill; veteran drama Star Trek: Enterprise; veteran sitcoms One on One, Girlfriends and Half & Half; and new sitcom Second Time Around.

Last season, UPN aired only two series in HD, Star Trek, and selected Friday night theatrical movies.

UPN recently added a second high-definition suite to its Television City production center, which allows the network to significantly increase its HDTV offerings.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

gparris

Thanks for the info, Gregg, but the only way I think you Milwaukee OTA folks will get it is when you can get the Chicago station UPN50, which I believe has digital broadcasting now.

As we all know, any cable customer, as with the WB18 situation, will never get HD from either network as long as Sinclair owns them...so we are out of luck on BOTH HD networks, now.:(

What will happen when analogue transmissions end and Sinclair still demands its money from the cable companies to send their HD signals, then?
While we're at it, why do they think they have to charge them at all as the federal government gave the digital away free in exchange for the analogue back? :rolleyes:
I know we have discussed this before, but I still don't understand why a digital signal (that just sometimes becomes HD), has to have a charge on it - and why aren't the other 4 network affiliates charging the cable company for their digital (HD) channels like Sinclair is for its stations? (or are they and its a coverup by TWC/):eek:

Gregg Lengling

QuoteOriginally posted by gparris

What will happen when analogue transmissions end and Sinclair still demands its money from the cable companies to send their HD signals, then?
/):eek:

Then the Digital Must Carry Rule applies...they will be required just like satellite to carry the locals.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}