• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Received WTVO-DT with Local News in HD

Started by John L, Friday Sep 17, 2004, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I was receiving some trop activity from the SouthWest at around 10:19 pm.  I can't believe I was watching WTVO-TV's News in HD.  I mean I was getting a wide screen picture.

I almost think what I was getting was a stretched video.

Can Someone clarify?

-John L.

StarvingForHDTV

It's probably stretched, unless that's some major market like LA.  Then you might have a chance.  When 6-1 first installed their 9 volt battery, everything was stretched.  It could be the same with the station you picked up.

John L

If I recall some of the captions that they would include in the video looked stretched.  I would almost think that myself.  Wouldn't HDTV owners in the Rockford, Ill.  notice that?
To me a stretched video looks horrible.  They be better doing what our stations like WTMJ does.  Broadcast the news in SD upconverted to 1080i.

-John L.

StarvingForHDTV

Perhaps nobody at the station in Rockford watches their HD signal.  It took 6-1 a fairly long time to take the stretch away.  Then they left a jittery type picture for the longest time.  I don't think anyone from their station was viewing their digital signal on a decent display.

A while back Matt Heebner stopped stretching and zooming, and watched all content in original aspect ratio.  He thought there was little risk of burn in with a properly calibrated display.  I followed his lead and have never looked back.  Now I can't stand to see anything stretched or distorted.  I have been doing this for months, and there is no evidence of burn in on my CRT RPTV.

Starving