• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Smallville... Great Show !

Started by Matt Heebner, Thursday Sep 16, 2004, 05:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

I have never watched Smallville before Wednesday's show, nor have I ever really been interested in checking it out BUT...

I did tune into Wednesday's show and was I surprised ! The show is pretty cool, and really kept my interest (although I am clueless about any of the past information and earlier episodes). I just read on AVS that HDNet is going to start airing Smallville from season one on, so I am going to try and start following it.

The episode I saw seems like it mixed the whole Superman as a teenager with a sorta X-Files twist. Pretty bizzare, but intriguing none the less.

Any other fans of this show ??

Oh, I do  have one question. Is it because Superman is a teen, that he doesn't seem like he has all of his abilities yet ? Maybe he hasn't developed them yet ? I say this because there was a part were I expected him to fly, but all he did was run very fast.

Matt

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
Any other fans of this show ??

I'm a big fan. Haven't missed an episode since I accidentally stumbled on to the series premiere three years ago. I was hooked that night.

Oh, I do  have one question. Is it because Superman is a teen, that he doesn't seem like he has all of his abilities yet ? Maybe he hasn't developed them yet ? I say this because there was a part were I expected him to fly, but all he did was run very fast.

That's exactly it. Each year they've added a new 'power' to his abilities. For this coming season, it's been hinted there will be flying, though it's been said they'll do it in a way that will allow for the fact that they've always said Clark will NOT fly on the series.

It's a series that is more than worth your time.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

gparris

HDNET will have the show from the beginning starting soon...it was advertised tonight...if you want to start from the beginning...or for those who can't get it in HD (not OTA).:)

Andrew Grall

My wife and I love this show...  I really wish TW would get HD-WB pretty soon... :(

gparris

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Grall
My wife and I love this show...  I really wish TW would get HD-WB pretty soon... :(

Saw the HDNET previews of the older shows coming on the HDNET channel and these look incredible compared to the analogue 18 version...which with the HD DVR box, almost painful.

IF Sinclair wants to charge for the WB18 HD channel, does it NOT charge for the analogue one?

Seems odd...

IF we don't ever get the digital 18 and 24 (and the HD part) channels on TWC, what will happen when the analogue channels are phased out...then won't get the WB at all (or UPN)?

If 2006 comes around and Directv gets HD locals for Milwaukeeland and TWC is still fighting with Sinclair, this would be a great reason to switch to the dish for good.:cool: