• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDTV, DVD, Hard Drives and the future

Started by Gregg Lengling, Tuesday Aug 24, 2004, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

StarvingForHDTV

Very nice, thank you Gregg.  I had no idea that the HD material is that much better than what is being delivered to us now.  I look forward to seeing true HD some day.  I'm glad Mark Cuban is rich.  Maybe he can make it happen for us.

tazman

That's very interesting.  I think once we start seeing Firewire instead of USB flash drives, that will solve the speed problem he spoke of.  Also I'm sure they will figure out a way of putting copy protection on a device like that.  
 Instead of going to Block Buster and renting a DVD.  They could have a 24 hour drive through where you would enter your account or membership number insert your FlashDrive, select your movie and it would be downloaded to your Flashdrive, all without getting out of your car.  Ending the problem I always find of trying to get my hands on a new release.  It takes about 2 or 3 weeks after a new release comes out at my local Block Buster before I can finaly get my hands on it.:)

Doug Mohr

QuoteOriginally posted by tazman
It takes about 2 or 3 weeks after a new release comes out at my local Block Buster before I can finaly get my hands on it.:)

Don't they have a guarantee of having new releases in stock or you get a free rental?

Doug

tazman

Not always, thats only on select movies.  The new releases usaully come out mid week, but I'm not gonna rent a movie during the week.  Who has the time!?  I think this is as far as this topic should go on this thread.  I was just trying to add a new idea to the info in the article Gregg had put a link to.:)  The HDTV I have now has a memory stick reader, who's to say they couldn't incorporate a Flash drive ready into future sets.:cool:

StarvingForHDTV

There is an ad in the September 6th Forbes magazine for a LG 76" Plasma TV with a built in HD DVR.  There is no mention whether you can use the hard drive for anything else.