News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

PBS now 10-1 through 10-7

Started by tazman, Friday Aug 13, 2004, 04:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazman

I see PBS put a third weather radar picture up.  The audio is different than the other 2.  I believe their running NPR audio on it.   WHERE'S OUR NASA CHANNEL?!!!:mad:

smack

borghe

hmm.. I really need to rescan on my Tivo.... since my last reboot I only have 1-4...

wxndave

Actually it is the WRN (World Radio Network).  They don't have enough room to run NASA.  Currently they have room for audio services that map to the same video.

Dave

StarvingForHDTV

Too bad they don't have more room.  They could have channels 10-1 and 10-2 without the 3 hour delay.  That would be nice.

tazman

I'll have to fire up the O'll Hauppauge card.  That shows me exactly what are truly multi cast video and what are a single video multicast with mutiple audio.  My Integra receiver is where I got the 10-1 through 10-7 from.:)   Because it remaps the channels like all the other receivers do, where as my Hauppauge tunes in the channels at their actual frequencies, so I'll have to see if it's 8-1 through 8-7 or if it's 8-1 through 8-6 with 8-6 having multicast audio channels.

wxndave

It is multiple services that are mapped via PSIP to the same video address as 10-5.  It is also configured that way via the mpeg streams for STB that don't use PSIP.

Dave

borghe

ummmm... that is really cool... seriously. the possible applications for that are awesome.