News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

About to enter the world of HD

Started by Hophead, Tuesday Aug 17, 2004, 08:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hophead

I will be entering the wonderful world of HD this week.  I purchased the Samsung HLP5063w DLP TV and Voom is to be installed Friday afternoon.  I have read good and bad stories re; Voom installations, but my installer called last week to see if he could come the next day, but I did have the TV yet.  He called again yesterday to confirm my Friday appointment (hope all goes well, but am prepared for some hiccups).

I live in Caledonia (1 blk. from Wind Point off 41/2 mile rd.)  Does anyone have any suggestions on setting up the OTA.  Should I call thei nstaller to find out what antenna he is bringing?  I live in a colonial and am planning on having the OTA attached to the chimney on the second story.  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  I've read the threads re: Fox 6.1 and want to make sure I get this Packer season and all, and also 58.1, if I can't get CSI the wife will go ballistic.

StarvingForHDTV

The 8 bow tie Channel Master works pretty good for me.  I don't know where Caledonia is, but it sounds pretty far away from the towers.  If they show up with some sort of Terk clip on, you will probably be doomed.

Good luck.

Hophead

Caledonia is Norther Racine County, about 4 miles South of Oak Creek, about 30 miles from the towers.  I've read Voom uses the Wingard or ChannelMaster Stealth 3010.

Thanks for the reply...