• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Q BBQ hype

Started by borghe, Monday Aug 16, 2004, 11:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borghe

Just wanted to let people know, there is a new BBQ joint in Milwaukee, and it is the most original one I have ever gone to..

Q BBQ located on Kinnikinnic and Lincoln. Take I-94 to Lincoln, go East, and on Kinnickinnic it is on the East side about a block north of Lincoln.

This place is AWESOME. It's owned by the owner of heaven city and the manager head cook is a good friend of his who together with the owner enters Kansas City BBQ competitions around the region (and do quite good for themselves in them).

The food is true BBQ. Most people think BBQ is just cooking some meat and throwing BBQ sauce on it. The sauce has nothing to do with it. BBQ is dry seasoning and slow cooking the meat for a long time in a smoker. The sauce doesn't go on the meat until right before you serve/eat it.

And this is how they serve it. You get the dry meat (i.e. no sauce) open faced on bread, a pile of pickles, a square of corn bread, and two sides. You pick it up at the counter (no waiters) and take it back to your table where a selection of 5 house-made sauces are available for you to use with your meat. Texas BBQ, Sprecher Root Beer BBQ (yes, he really makes that one, not Sprecher. you can also buy it at the restaurant.), Quazy Hot BBQ, Mustard BBQ, and one more that I can't think of for the life of me.

Your meat choices are: Kansas City style spare ribs (whole or half), chicken (whole or half), beef brisket, pork shoulder (pulled or sliced), or Klements pork sausage. They also have around half a dozen or so sandwiches but I don't remember them as I mainly just looked at the dinners.

The quality of the food is outstanding. I mean this is some of the best BBQ I've had. EVER. The pork shoulder was sliced and delicious.. seasoned and seared on the outside and a tender grey and pink on the inside. The ribs were juicy and blackened with seasoning. The sauces were awesome, my personal favorite being Quazy Hot, and yes, it was.. Not tears to your eyes but if you love really hot sauces this will bring a smile to your face and if you aren't a big fan of hot sauces it will probably be a little too much for you. The mustard was also delicious and the two traditional sauces were good as well, though I'm not much of a sweet sauce man.

anyway, I was unbelievably impressed with this place. They just opened on Friday and I was down there on saturday. heard about it from a friend. they have both beer and soda, including a sprecher beer and sprecher root beer from the tap. they also have beer in the bottle and regular sodas as well.. it is family friendly, no bar or anything. price for two of us was around $20 with soda and two beers. so more than fast food, less than a nice sit down joint.

highly recommneded.. heck, high enough that I have never written like this about a restaurant before.. :P if you love meat, you owe it to yourself to check it out. :)

borghe

and no this isn't an ad.. I don't personally know anyone there... I was really just surprised at how much I liked the place on just a casual recommendation.

Tom Snyder

So the obvious question as it impacts the group here...

Do they have HD TV's????

We've been going to Sloppy Joe's Saloon and Spoon in Hubertus a lot lately, and they have a huge HDTV over the bar for sports... although there's been nothing on in HD the times we've gone.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

borghe

no, no TVs at all.. more of a recommendation of a place to eat.. though they do have a bit of room in the place... now that I think of it, a suggestion for an HD set for sunday packer games would probably be a no brainer.. :P will have to mention it to someone next time I am there.