News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Picking up HD signals in Oak Creek

Started by aj250, Tuesday Aug 10, 2004, 04:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aj250

Hi all,

I am new to this site and have a question about picking up HD broadcasts.  

I am moving into an apartment complex in Oak Creek and have to get DirecTV since the complex has their own cable system (no Time Warner).  I would prefer Time Warner since you get local feeds piped down to you, but that's not an option...

I was contemplating purchasing the $50 antennae from DirectTV to pickup local feeds of HD.  My apartment balcony (where the antannae would be) faces West/South.  I know most of the towers are to the north and the antannae would not be on the roof.  Would this mean I don't have a good chance of picking up anything?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Adam

Gregg Lengling

Well you are right about being on the wrong side of the building.  But I would try a settop antenna first to see what you get, shouldn't be much worse than an antenna on the porch on the wrong side of the building.  You shouldn't have much problem with digital 4.1 and 12.1, of course 58.1 and 6.1 may be a little more touchy.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

aj250

Thanks a lot for the quick response.  Any suggestions on a good model of settop antenna?

Tom Snyder

Radio Shack Double Bow Tie is the one that everyone seems to get the best results with.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org