News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Packer Game in HD?

Started by Scott Zsori, Monday Aug 16, 2004, 07:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Zsori

Is the game supposed to be in HD on ABC?  Or are they putting it on ESPNHD instead?  So far it's SD only on ABC.  :(

Scott Zsori

Nevermind.  Just read the other thread.  Damn TWC for not having ESPN HD yet.

Scott

Yep, for once its great to have Direct TV.  The HD looks great on ESPN HD.

But why can't channel 12 show the same HD feed?  I first turned on 12.1 and all I got was the ESPN SD feed, along with a HUGE OBNOXIOUS 12 LOGO at the bottom of the screen.  And this logo was in yellow, so it really stood out.

Then I thanked DirectTv and went over the ESPN HD.

Is there anything we can do about that awful 12 logo they always dump in the lower right hand corner?

tazman

That ESPN SD feed on 12.1 is pretty pityfull isn't it.  There's another game on Monday night in November or December that is also supposed to be ESPN.  Come ON ABC, DON'T treat us like this.:bang: WITI has 3 more weeks to get with it.:mad:

borghe

I imagine it has something to do with how WISN gets the feed.

borghe

here are 3 pics from the game.. note they are uncompressed bmp at about 2MB each. I will host them on my work T1 tomorrow but for tonight you'll be downloading them at 384Kbps from my home.

Offensive Lineup
Favre at the line
Those crazy Packer fans

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by borghe
here are 3 pics from the game.. note they are uncompressed bmp at about 2MB each.

Offensive Lineup
Favre at the line
Those crazy Packer fans

Thanks for the pictures.  My 19" LCD is native 1280 X 1024, so looking at your 1280 X 720p resolution photos this way is the closest I will come to seeing native 720p at my house right now.

Amazing how far the score and ESPN HD logo are into the screen.  I didn't realize how much space these feeds leave to account for overscan.

Looks good to me.  

The SD feed on 12-1 wasn't comparable in any way.....

Starving

borghe

did ESPN on TWC look that bad? ESPN on DirecTV didn't look anywhere near that bad. It was either the signal source (TWC) or the way WISN was passing through the signal... I don't have cable but I can tell you DirecTV's ESPN didn't look that bad. I was really surprised at how it looked.

That being said, the HD picture still looked a TON better than ESPN on D*. Night and day. Just not as significant an increase as over the WISN feed.