News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Packer HD schedule?

Started by summerfun, Monday Aug 09, 2004, 05:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

summerfun

Does anybody know the HD schedule for sure this fall including the preseason? ESPN has the 8/16 game listed as HD on their website. Will it be broadcast locally and will it be in HD?

It might be nice to have such a list published on the front of this website.

08/16  7 pm ESPN
08/21  7 pm State
08/27  7 pm State
09/03  7 pm State

09/13  8 pm ABC
09/19  Noon FOX
09/26  3:15 pm FOX
10/03  Noon FOX
10/11  8 pm ABC
10/17  Noon FOX
10/24  3:15 pm FOX
10/31  Noon FOX
11/07 Bye Week
11/14  3:15 pm FOX
11/21  7:30 pm ESPN
11/29  8 pm ABC
12/05  3:15 pm FOX
12/12  Noon FOX
12/19  Noon CBS
12/24  2 pm FOX
01/02  Noon FOX

gb4fan92

Correction: The 8/16 Packer game is on ABC! Which means alll us TWC customers will see it in HD!

Gregg Lengling

And all us OTA guys too...seeing as WISN-DT has a great signal....I don't think there is anyone in the Milwaukee Market that can't receive it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

720p

I just hope the Giants victory on my birthday is in HD. :p

summerfun

QuoteOriginally posted by gb4fan92
Correction: The 8/16 Packer game is on ABC! Which means alll us TWC customers will see it in HD!
I hope your right, but I pulled the schedule right off the Packer web site and it said ESPN. Maybe they are simulcasting.

summerfun

QuoteOriginally posted by gb4fan92
The Monday Nite Schedule is found here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=/MNFtelevision
That confirms the MNF games on ABC, but I still think the first game on 8/16 is ESPN HD. I think that leaves us out unless a local station simulcasts the game. Does anybody know?

It would be nice if someone knew for sure and could comment on the whole season game by game what to expect in HD.

gb4fan92

QuoteOriginally posted by summerfun
 but I still think the first game on 8/13 is ESPN HD.

The Packers first preseason game is Monday August 16th on ABC!!!  IN HD!!

summerfun

Well, I had to do some digging, but I found what I thought might be the case. The 8/16 preseason game is not on ABC, but on ESPN as posted on the Packer website. However, channel 12 is going to broadcast the ESPN game on 8/16 as well as the other ESPN game on 11/21. Of course they are also carrying the three ABC MNF games.  The three other preseason games are going to be on channel TMJ 4. The rest of the season is on Fox and CBS as posted.

We can only hope they are all in HD.

WISN-TV To Broadcast 5 Nationally Televised Primetime Packers Games
Packers First Preseason, Regular Season Games on Channel 12
MILWAUKEE -- WISN-TV (Channel 12) will broadcast a total of five, nationally televised Green Bay Packers games in primetime during the 2004-2005 NFL season, including one preseason game and four regular season games.

The Packers first preseason game will be seen Monday, Aug. 16 at 7 p.m. on Channel 12. The Packers first regular season game will also be seen on WISN-TV, when the Pack takes on NFC Champions Carolina Panthers at 8 p.m. on ABC's "Monday Night Football."

Of special note, the St. Louis Rams come to Green Bay for Brett Favre's 200th game on Monday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. on Channel 12.

WISN-TV will have pre-game television specials before each of the nationally televised games in primetime. The five Packers games on Channel 12 are:

Monday, Aug. 16 at 7 p.m. -- Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay

Monday, Sept. 13 at 8 p.m. -- Green Bay Packers at Carolina

Monday, Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. -- Tennessee Titans at Green Bay

Sunday, Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m. -- Green Bay Packers at Houston

Monday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. -- St. Louis Rams at Green Bay

2004 PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Time TV
Monday August 16 Seattle Seahawks  7 p.m. ESPN
August 19-23 New Orleans Saints*     7 p.m. TODAY'S TMJ4
August 26-30 at Jacksonville Jaguars  7 p.m. TODAY'S TMJ4
September 2-4 at Tennessee Titans   7 p.m. TODAY'S TMJ4

Tom Snyder

As I recall, last year the ESPN Packer games were shown by the local affiliate in SD. This Monday's Packer Pre Season game is an ESPN game, so I'm not too hopeful for OTA or TWC customers....

However it is a safe bet that, with Fox doing 6 games in HD every weekend, the entire Packer regular season schedule on Fox6 will be in HD.

All the Monday night games on ABC will be in HD.

So the only regular season game in question is the 12/19 game on CBS...  if it's an A or B game it will be, but that won't be determined until a few weeks before, based on their records, and the viewer potential.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

borghe

this is correct. The 8/16 preseasson game WILL be on WISN but WILL NOT be in HD. WISN has retransmission rights for the game but I believe they have even said on this board that they do NOT have retransmission rights for the HD games and that that is a whole other can of worms.

The only way to see ESPN games in HD is on ESPN. WISN will still air them locally as well but they will be in SD.

But it's not the end of the world.. Hopefully TWC and ESPN will have something worked out by 11/21... otherwise you guys are going to need to head over to your friends' houses that have a satellite service. :cool:

summerfun

I just confirmed with the programming director at Channel 12 that ESPN is NOT allowing them to broadcast the game in HD. They will be sending the signal out as SD on Monday night 8/16.

I guess we have to go someplace that gets ESPN HD to watch the game.:bang:

Gregg Lengling

I guess I'll just watch it in my Media Room.....sorry had to do that....it's nice to have ESPNHD on Directv and hopefully someday all the other outlets will have it also.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Andrew Grall

I can't believe TW still doesn't have ESPN-HD.... :mad:

sp44again

Bump to reiterate that tonight's game is only in HD on ESPN HD.  :rock: